Fees at Leura Child Care Centre & Preschool, near Katoomba
Leura Child Care Centre & Preschool offers Long Day Care from 7:30am to 6:00pm, from Monday to Friday. We will be open from January/February 2017 and are open throughout the year, except for three weeks during the Christmas/New Year holidays.
Our fees are affordable and your child will receive a quality early childhood education. The cost per day is $85.00 for children of all ages (0-6 years), less the government rebate you will receive, which is dependent on your combined family income.
Below is a chart of what your daily out-of-pocket costs are, after your child care benefits (Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate) are paid direct to the centre.
|Combined Family Income||1st Child||2nd Child|
|$51,000 and below||$19.00||$19.00|
- If more than 2 children are attending, the child care rebates increase)
- The out-of-pocket costs above are just a guide. You will need to confirm these amounts with Centrelink, as they may differ with your personal circumstances.
- Phone Family Assistance Office 13 61 50 or visit www.mychild.gov.au/contact.
- Centrelink’s online estimator can be accessed here.
- For more information on child care benefit rebates, go to page 8-10 in this Guide to Government Payments PDF.
How to pay your fees
Once our Centre is open in January/February 2017, fees can be paid easily online through individual payments or direct debit. You will have access to a personal payment portal which you can view anytime online via Qikkids. A link will be added to this page ready for Term 1 of 2017.
What to bring
- Lunchbox with food for morning and/or afternoon tea and lunch
- Drink bottle with water
- Bottles made up with formula
- Cot sheet/blanket/comforter
We provide a late afternoon snack, and will often cook a meal with the children to eat.
Benefits of bringing a lunch from home:
- You can control what your children eat and minimise allergy issues
- Children can be fussy eaters and will often eat more from a lunchbox from home with familiar food they like
- Keeps the fees affordable for already stretched families
- We are able to invest more resources back into the centre, providing quality early childhood education and care for your child
- Eating from your own lunchbox is good preparation for school.